Jeff Smith of IBM’s Hardware Experience Design Group presents a “director’s cut” of the presentation he gave at the 2009 HFES conference. Tim liked it so much in San Antonio that he wanted to hear an expanded version on Design Critique so here it is, titled “Gathering User Feedback from Internal Sources to Supplement Formal Usability Studies”.
In part one, Jeff
* Describes his job as a human factors engineer with IBM,
* Tells his interpretation of the field combined with IBM’s corporate values,
* Discusses the essential nature of communication to both clients and coworkers
* Shares his “elevator speech” of what he does for a living, and
* Emphasizes the importance of field research if you’re able to do it on a project.
In part 2, Jeff will explain the methods of using internal sources to supplement formal user research. Jeff’s coauthors on the presentation were Daniel P. Kelaher and David T. Windell.Listen Now